Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm in

Voicemail: “Hi Carver, this is Jeremiah calling from Christians United for Israel. Would you give me a call when you get a chance? I would like to discuss something with you..”

‘Huh?’ I wondered. I guess he wants to talk about the upcoming Summit. So of course, after about 24 hours of putting off the returning of his call, I dialed up Jeremiah in Texas.

“Hi Carver, good to hear from you, I wanted to get in touch with you to let you know that you have been selected to participate in our Advocacy Mission to Israel in August. Would you be available to travel with us?”

My first thoughts- well, uh, I don’t know. That’s Linville time (family vacation in the mountains). I don’t know if I could. “Wow, man, thanks for the invite. Let me get back to you.”

So I hung up and I thought about it….for a week. Seriously!? It took me that long to realize how big of a deal it is to get to go to Israel. From my vantage point a month down the road, it is easy to see how insane it would have been to even question for a moment whether I would accept the invitation. However, as much of this summer has brought on, I have had to learn to let go of preconceived plans and notions in my head. Stubbornness manifested itself as I was stuck in the mindset of following what was known, safe, and secure- that being my plans to go to Linville in August. Thankfully, I came to my senses once I finally sat in the realizations of how incredible it would be to travel to Israel.

One week had passed. Last day to decide. Easy decision- I’m going to Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment